Getting a Sri Lanka Visa is a simple task. Sri Lanka has an e-visa service that means don’t need to go embassy. Sri Lanka offers three types of visit visas.
- Transit Visa up to 48 hours (Free)
- Tourist Visa for 30 Days (Renewable)
- Business Visa
How to get Sri Lanka Transit Visa?
Sri Lanka offers a short time transit visa for 2 days. Since Sri Lanka is a member of SAARC so SHORT TIME transit visa is FREE for these Countries (Pakistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, and Afghanistan).In case you need a long transit visa for 7 Days, you have to pay 15 USD.
Short time Transit Visa is also free for other countries and 7 days Sri Lank’s transit visa case it 20$ for the nationals of all other counties.
But Keep in Mind You don’t need a transit visa in the following cases.
- You travel out on exactly the same aircraft and from the same airport at which you came.
- You remain in the transit lounge and don’t depart the airport.
Where to get Transit visit?
Visitors are able to utilize one of the following methods at their comfort to make use of Transit Visa:
- Web-based – Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) – up to 7 days
- On appearance at Colombo Airport – up to 7 days
- Sri Lanka Diplomatic Missions and Consulates – up to 30 days
Note: Approximately $5 will be charged extra if a visa issued at the airport (on arrival).
Those days had gone when Sri Lanka had a civil war and it was hard to get a tourist visa. As 30 years of Civil war ended back in 2009 Government realized tourist potential in the Island and came up with an easy tourist visa process like other tourist countries. Regardless of nationality these days you can get Sri Lanka tourist visa for 30 days with two entries online within a few hours. All you have to do is apply online & make payment. You can pay either by debit or credit card. As you make the payment within 3-4 hours you get an email with ETA Number. Just take a screenshot or copy of that ETA number because you must have to show it to the Immigration department when you lend at any Sri Lanka airport. For members of SAARC countries (Pakistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, and Afghanistan) 30 Days Sri Lanka tourist visa cost is $20 while for other counties it’s cost is around $35.
30 Days tourist visa can be extended without leaving the Island. When your visa reaches to limit you can request an extension.
Firstly you can get an extension of up to 90 days from the date of arrival. Next, an additional 90 days summing up to 180 days from the date of arrival.
Update: As of September 2019 that fee has since been waived until February 2020 in an effort to boost tourism following the Easter Sunday attacks. Listed below is a list of the countries that can avail of this opportunity.
Austria; Australia; Belgium; Bulgaria; Canada; Cambodia; China; Croatia; Cyprus; Czech Republic; Denmark; Estonia; Finland; France; Germany; Greece; Hungary; India; Indonesia; Iceland; Ireland; Israel; Italy; Japan; Latvia; Lithuania; Luxembourg; Malaysia; Malta; Netherlands; New Zealand; Norway; Philippines; Poland; Portugal; Romania; Russia; Singapore; South Korea; Slovak Republic; Slovenia; Spain; Sweden; Switzerland; Thailand; Ukraine; the United Kingdom; and the United States of America.
Make sure you make an application for a business visa in case you are making your way to Sri Lanka for one or several of the following purposes:
- Engaging in business meetings and discussions
- Conferences, workshops and seminars
- Short term training programs
- Participation in art, music and dance events
- Participation in symposiums
- Engaging in religious events
Business Travelers can now use one of the following methods at their convenience
- ETA online.
- ETA at Immigration Visitor Services Center in Colombo
- ETA at Department of Immigration and Emigration – Colombo
- &ETA on arrival at the airport in Colombo.
- Tourist Visa at Sri Lanka Diplomatic Missions and Consulates .
For more details on Business visa visit here https://www.immigrationlanka.com/Info-2-3.html
Frequently Asked Question.
- Do I need Sri Lanka eta visa print?
No, Absolutely no. You don’t need to take a print. However, you can keep a soft copy or hard copy of the visa confirmation.
- What Sri Lanka Visa Tourist Requirements?
6 months of Valid passport and two blank pages. Return or onward ticket.
- Can I renew my visa without leaving Sri Lanka?
Yes, you can renew your 30 days tourist visa without leaving the country.
- Is it a Multiple entry visa?
Yes. 30 days tourist visa comes with multiple entries (2 times).
Recommended Flights Deals